Using Nursery Rhymes to teach early reading skills to young readers is a MUST in every educational setting!
This pack includes everything you will need to teach your little learners these essential emergent reading skills including activities for: Shared reading, Independent Reading, Guided Reading, Literacy Groups/Circles, Daily 5, Handwriting/Fine Motor.
**Common Core aligned**
**Caters for Australian Curriculum**
This 30 page pack includes the following activities all based on the popular Nursery Rhyme; Humpty Dumpty:
- A4 colour poster of rhyme - perfect for shared reading (can be blown up to A3). Once you have finished with it during shared reading you can place it in a display folder to create a class Nursery Rhyme book for your classroom library.
- Colour A4 size posters of rhyme broken up into 4 pages for wall display or big book.
- Student copy of rhyme black and white A4 and A5.
- Student Emergent Reader - colour in and read book - also perfect for Guided Reading sessions.
- Student Foldable Book - colour, fold and read. (colour and black & white copies)
- Sentence pocket chart strips for each nursery rhyme â€“ good for whole class focus as well as independent and group student literacy centers. (Sentence Sequencing) With and without pictures
- Cut, Sequence and Paste - student activity
- Handwriting and sentence sequencing worksheets - with 2 lines and 3 lines (dotted thirds)
Please note, this is a downloadable, digital file that you can access immediately after purchase.
To open the files you will be required to have a PDF Reader such as Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer. To edit the files you will need to have access to Microsoft Powerpoint. Please ensure your software is up to date to avoid compatibility issues.
Purchase of this resource entitles the purchaser the right to reproduce pages in limited quantities for single classroom or homeschool use only.
Duplication for a friend, another staff member, entire school or commercial purpose without purchase of an additional license is strictly forbidden.
Copying any part of this resource and/or placing it on the internet in any form (even a personal or classroom website/ school server) is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
Copyright ©Chantelle Jacobs
Miss Jacobs Little Learners Pty Ltd