This spring unit all about bugs includes fun activities, information fact sheets, worksheets and so much more! It is the perfect accompaniment to your Bugs Thematic Unit this term!
Filled with differentiated resources and teaching ideas, it will no doubt provide your little learners with engaging learning opportunities and expand their knowledge of minibeasts, insects and bugs whilst integrating it into the Early Years Curriculum.
Including a variety of Reading, Writing and Math activities, this non fiction unit would be great to start in Spring!
“With distance learning, I am trying to teach thematically. The children are loving this unit from afar.” – Jennifer W
“Love the passages and books. Great resource for labeling insect parts. Cute for second graders.” – Jennifer S
This 145+ page Bugs non-fiction pack includes the following:
- Bugs Flash Cards
- 'This' bugs Emergent Reader
- 'I Can See' bugs Emergent Reader
- 'I Can See' bugs Sentence Sequencing Activity
- 'This' Bug Flip book
- 'What's in your garden' Mini book
- 11 Bugs A4 Colour and Black and White Information Text Posters (Close Reads) on ants, bees, butterflies, caterpillars, dragonflies, flies, grasshoppers, ladybugs, snails, spiders and worms
- Bugs Colour by Sight Word
- Bugs Information Text Writing Templates
- Bugs Labelled Diagrams
- Bugs Can, Have Are Graphic Organisers
- Bugs Information Text Topic Web Plans
- Bugs Venn Diagrams
- Bugs KWL Chart
- Bugs Persuasive Writing Piece
- Colour By Number activity
- Bugs Numeracy Location Book
- Bug Hunt Activity Booklet
- Bug Hunt Tally and Graphing Math Activity
- Bug Detective Badges for children to wear on their bug hunts
"I used this with my special ed pre-k class during our insect unit! The students loved practicing their reading skills using the sight word books, and we used the longer passages as introductions to each of the lessons on different insects." - Nicole Y
"This is a quality unit! I use it along with nonfiction writing" - Bridget S
**Common Core aligned**
**Caters for Australian Curriculum**
Please note, this is a downloadable, digital file that you can access immediately after purchase.
To open the files you will be required to have a PDF Reader such as Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer. To edit the files you will need to have access to Microsoft Powerpoint. Please ensure your software is up to date to avoid compatibility issues.
Purchase of this resource entitles the purchaser the right to reproduce pages in limited quantities for single classroom or homeschool use only.
Duplication for a friend, another staff member, entire school or commercial purpose without purchase of an additional license is strictly forbidden.
Copying any part of this resource and/or placing it on the internet in any form (even a personal or classroom website/ school server) is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
Copyright ©Chantelle Jacobs
Miss Jacobs Little Learners Pty Ltd
Love. Thank you.
Thanks this was a great resource for all the insect lovers and those who weren't.
this will be so much fun!
Thanks so much! Just what I needed!
LOVED THESE!! All my students were able to use everything in this packet!!